Becoming a Vendor
Applications are for consideration of space only, and do not guarantee you a location at the State Fair. Space is in great demand, with very low turnover. Less than 5% of all applications are accepted. The annual deadline for space consideration is July 1st. Please check back early next year for the 2016 application.
The Fair is no longer accepting applications for vendors for the 2016 State Fair.
- Onsite RV camping with free wi-fi in certain areas and 24-hour security. Water, sewer and electrical access is available on more than 350 sites. Electricity ranges from 20-50 amps. Space is limited. Please call N.C. State Fair Public Safety at 919.612.6767 to reserve your vendor camping space.
- N.C. Mutual Drug Company opens a General Store each year near the Waterfall at Dorton Arena for all your unexpected needs. You don't have to leave the fairgrounds, N.C. Mutual Drug at the Waterfall has what you need to keep you going at the fair!
Supplier Contact List
|Carolane Propane||919-477-2950||919-667-3945 (cell)|
|Coca Cola Bottling Company||704-258-2981||
|Pepsi Cola Bottling Company||919-819-1452 or 919-819-3080
|919-819-0745 or 919-612-5929
|Southern Exhibition Services||Click here for Exhibitor Kit|
Commercial Space Administrator
Think you’ve got the next big thing?
The North Carolina State Fair invites you to take part in our contest!
The contest will be held at the annual State Fair Media Lunch with members of the Triangle media and other special guests as the judges.
- Judging takes place Monday, Oct. 10, starting at 11:30 a.m. in Dorton Arena.
- You must provide samples for up to 100 people. Sample size is up to you, but make sure it is a nice presentation for photos and judging.
- Must be a food new to the fair, not just an item new to you. So get creative!
- The item must be approved by Letrice Midgett and the Wake County Public Health Department. Once your entry has been approved, it cannot be changed for this contest.
- We will provide each vendor an 8-foot table and table cloth. You can decorate your table however you would like. A small sign will be provided, but you can have your own sign that can be affixed to the front of the table.
- Electricity will be available, but we need to know ahead of time. (Standard 120V grounded plugs only.) Electric fryers are allowed, but no propane tanks allowed or outdoor setup.
- You can start setting up at 10 a.m., but must be in place by 11 a.m. and be ready to serve by 11:30.
- We will provide utensils and napkins for the guests. You need to provide serving plates or bowls for your samples.
- The winner will be decided by popular vote. Each voter will receive one ticket to place into the ballot box of the vendor they liked the most. We will supply the ballot boxes. The food item with the most tickets will be declared the winner.
- A member of the fair’s internal audit staff will tally the votes. N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services/N.C. State Fair employees will not be eligible to vote.